Istanbul Blockchain Week is coming, and within its extensive program, blockchain gaming company W3E will host the world’s first Web3 esports tournament on November, 17. Let’s go over the event’s highlights and key figures.
What, where, when?
- Istanbul Blockchain Week (IBW), Turkey’s largest blockchain conference, will take place between November 14 and 17, 2022. The event is managed by Web3 PR, Marketing and Events Agency EAK Digital, a major London-based Blockchain PR Agency focusing on helping Blockchain start-ups gain mass media coverage and providing blockchain consultancy services for businesses across industries.
- The first conference was planned for 2020 as the novel brainchild of Erhan Korhaliller, EAK Founder and CEO, yet had to be canceled for two years due to pandemics. According to the press release, this year organizers aim to make it big, with over 3000 attendees expected and more than 20 side events from key projects. The Web3 global esports tournament hosted by the gaming company W3E will take place on the last day of the event and become the first of its kind globally.
- The tournament’s esports arena is going to be located at the very center of the event venue – the ESA esports arena and is expected to attract the world’s top gamers from across Europe and Turkey. Participants will be able to unite in teams and take part in an international live tournament. The key partner and the lead game for the tournament is going to be EV.io – an increasingly popular Solana-based free-to-play and play-to-earn shooting game. The organizers are committed to ’’to create a space where Web3 communities can experience gaming, not only on the blockchain but in the real world too.’’
- Here is what the Founder Erhan Korhaliller commented on the upcoming tournament: “I am incredibly excited to be leading the team putting on the first ever live Web3 Esports tournament, alongside the first Web3 games expo […] It is a privilege to have our contestants play EV.io, and I couldn’t be more proud to welcome the world to what will be a history-making event in this space.”
- This year, IBW participants will be offered educational workshops, expert speeches, panel discussions, networking lounges, VIP dinners, Web3 investment pitch contests, NFT expos, and interactive experiences merging art with VR technologies. The event is going to be live-streamed on a number of platforms including CryptoSlate and CoinMarketCap.
- As per recent reports, Turkey is topping the list of countries owning and using cryptocurrency, with around 20% of the population claiming to do so, and its blockchain ecosystem is flourishing. ‘’The country has never been more receptive to web3 and blockchain adoption’’, claims the IBW official website.
Who is in the speaker panel?
- The IBW international expert speaker panel in its 2022 edition will feature renowned professionals from government, media, business, and blockchain industries. Though at the start of its journey, Istanbul Blockchain Week managed to attract to IstanBlock, its chief event, figures such as Elixxir CEO David Chaum, Theta Labs Head of Strategy Wes Levitt, Capital Block CEO Tim Mangnall, Mastercard Turkey Vice President Eren Özkan, Binance Regional Head of Asia Gleb Kostarev, and others.
- In the meanwhile, the 2020 inaugurational conference promised to feature as speakers Binance Founder and CEO Changpeng Zhao, NEO Founder Da Hongfei, The Defiant Founder Camila Russo, CoinShares Chief Strategy Officer Meltem Demirors, Bitcoin investor Roger Ver, and so on.
Who is the tournament’s host?
- W3E is a Web3 platform built by gamers, for gamers and led by Web3 PR, Marketing, and Events Agency EAK Digital. Its Founder Erhan Korhaliller is an acclaimed figure in the Web3 gaming space, known for founding the global touring BlockDown Festival, apart from Istanbul Blockchain Week.
- W3E Expo promises to provide networking opportunities for players, gaming influencers, and investors, as well as engage visitors in the latest games offering plenty of genres and formats within an interactive W3E Expo Gamezone: from Metaverse-games to first-person shooters and card strategy games. W3E team leads the event under the motto ‘’pushing games to be better, pushing gameplay over extraction, pushing players to get better, and pushing the Esports industry into the future with Web3’’.