Calvaria is one of the up-and-coming names in the gaming market that already managed to catch the attention of many media and investors such as Unity Capital Ventures in less than a year. With its versatile features, the developers promise to expand the NFT card game niche, which also drives us to check what opportunities the game will actually provide.
What should you know about Calvaria?
- Calvaria: Duels of Eternity is essentially a card game in which players compete in tournaments using cards that represent various characters, each granting them unique features and abilities.
- The first thing one should know about Calvaria is that it is a game that has an NFT card collectible essence and manages to combine the play-to-earn and free-to-play modes. This literally means that to start out in the game, you would not need to buy any NFTs or other digital assets, and simultaneously shows that the developers pursue an audience much wider than just crypto gamers.
- Such a model constitutes the overall mission that the game team sees as building “a bridge between crypto and the world as an ambassador to gamify the learning process”.
- According to its whitepapers, the gameplay is distinguished from the classic NFT trading card games like Splinterlands or Gods Unchained by a conjoint storyline. Its plot is deeply integrated into the P2E card battler model, which comprises staking, DAO, an in-game store for NFTs, several mini-games, and scholarship options.
- The project already published a multi-step roadmap showing the consequent development of the Calvaria: Duels of Eternity ecosystem until the end of 2023 on its website. Among other things, the developers plan a universe expansion and integration of VR experience in the game.
- The real ownership of in-game resources and extensive token economy is therefore prioritized and much expected from the gameplay. Namely, all purchased resources, with rare exceptions, will belong directly to the users, which they have the right to resell, as stated in the whitepapers.
- “Our free-to-play version will highlight the benefits of the blockchain-integrated alternative providing the players both an insight and an opportunity to get rewarded for the time and effort spent playing our game”, claim the developers. For example, the process of earning tokens will be made free and easy for every player: users will be able to get them as a reward for beating the opponents during PvP battles.
- Accessibility and the focus on the players are therefore the two core points of the game philosophy as seen by the developers.
- Besides, the availability of the game is strengthened by the fact that it is made totally beginner-friendly and manageable on the go: it does not require any crypto wallet to get started and is already offered on both desktop and mobile devices.
- The tokenomics model promises to be highly rewarding for the players: the game has presented its own token called $RIA and offered a presale starting from $0.01 per token. This means that the investor can now get 100 $RIA tokens for 1 USDT.
- Apart from the $RIA Token, the team implemented another token called $eRIA, or Earned RIA, which will help players increase their in-game income, level up their cards, acquire in-game collectibles, including upgrades or unique cards in the form of NFT tokens.
- The recent launch of the Presale stage (with 30 million RIA tokens available) turned out to be successful and encouraged the developers to start a $100k giveaway for the players, which is still going on at the time of the article’s release. It is worth mentioning yet, that to qualify for the prize equivalent to $100,000 $RIA Token, the user must be holding at least the sum equivalent to $100 of $RIA Token.
- The game’s overall maximum fixed token supply is now 1,000,000,000 RIA, which is to be allocated between the particular areas within the Calvaria: Duels of Eternity ecosystem: 30% will be distributed for Presale, 25% for the Staking pool, 20% for Prize pool, 8% for Operations, etc.
- Users can anticipate an “addictive gameplay” and wide-ranging content ownership, as per the whitepapers. The game mechanics have been designed so that players can work out “unique game strategies” and make use of them “to defeat opponents”. This will be made possible due to the presence of various playable factions, decks, and original cards.
- Players will also be able to win various upgrades or opt for them in the in-game store. Besides, employing collectible NFT tokens will make it possible to increase the overall strength of the decks at the players’ disposal.
- The developers, which have been in the IT business since 2012, aim at making the whole project community-run and governed by DAO, without any central authority. Another designated goal is to unite an increasing number of players with versatile gameplay goals and playing preferences, regardless of any crypto gaming background: “We are creating an extensive economy that will not only attract players, but also people who are interested in investing, trading, and collecting in regards to the project. Thanks to the staking platform, the use of a decentralized autonomous organization, and NFT technology, we will be able to build a strong game community that will support the economic stability of the entire system”, declares the team.