The global crypto market is now flashing green again, with Bitcoin and Ethereum showing significant gains. This rebound has made the global cryptocurrency market cap back above the $1 trillion mark after the latest collapse.
- At the moment of writing, the total crypto market cap sits just above the $1 trillion mark (via CoinMarketCap).
- This is a brief recovery from the past month’s crash, when the market’s valuation fell to $945 billion for the first time since January 2021.
- A lot of major cryptocurrencies are now in the green zone again, with Bitcoin reaching its monthly high of $22,290. It is also up 5.32% in the last 24 hours and up 9.32% week-over-week.
- On top of that, Bitcoin’s trading volume grew 23.5% to $37.2 billion in the last 24 hours.
- Ethereum is also on the rise, with the cryptocurrency reaching $1,485 on July 18. It is up 10% in the last 24 hours and up 30.3% week-over-week.
- This gain happened soon after Ethereum announced that its merger would happen in September. That’s when it is expected to switch from its current proof-of-work model to a proof-of-stake network.
- Polygon, meanwhile, showed the biggest gain, growing 25.7% in the last 24 hours. It is also up 65.8% in the last seven days.